MAC320 Integrated Brushless DC Motor for OEM Machines
PRESS release: April 2023
Birkerød, Denmark - JVL A/S, one of the world’s leading producers in the field of integrated servo and stepper motors, has developed a new high power integrated BLDC motor, MAC320-L, in NEMA23 size.
Double Power but same Size
JVL has developed a new addition to their Mini-MAC series, the MAC320. With its 320 W RMS power it is the most powerful integrated motor in the NEMA23 size. The target application is high power positioning in a small all-in-one package.
New absolute multiturn encoder
A very important option is the new generation of absolute multiturn encoder, based on the Wiegand principle (harvesting principle) where no battery or gearing is required.
- Double Power – but SAME Size as MAC141 (134 W)
- Very high torque-to-volume ratio
- Special DC brushless motor for OEM applications
- 750 W Peak Power based on Peak Torque from 0 to 3000 RPM
- Recommended supply voltage 48 VDC from PSU or battery
- Absolute multiturn encoder option. No battery or gear needed
- Use JVL standard expansion modules for Ethernet, CAN bus and PLC applications
- Option for STO connector
- Shaft Ø8 mm to handle higher torque and power
- ±0,4° position precision (±9.1 counts) due to magnetic encoder
What is new?
- Absolute multiturn encoder based on harvesting technology without battery or gear
- Ethernet with high performance, similar to the larger MAC motors
- New MOSFET technology for higher efficiency and cooler motor
- Encoder resolution 8192 CPR (higher resolutions planned)
- Options: STO and/or Brake connector
- More advanced FOC filter for lower noise and better motor performance
Not recommended for
- Applications requiring precise or smooth speed due to the motors high cogging torque
- Applications requiring more than 320 W S3 at 50% duty cycle
- Constant speeds outside the best constant speed performance range of 1000-4000 RPM
The high power is due to the high magnetic forces which on one side creates a high shaft torque but the compromise is the high cogging torque. In comparison to the other MAC motor®s the same level of speed precision is therefore not reachable. For positioning applications this has normally no consequences.
If you use industrial Ethernet then functionality and handling is similar for all supported protocols: Profinet, EtherNet/IP, SERCOS, EtherCAT, Powerlink and Modbus TCP/UDP. sing JVL’s universal software MacTalk® you can even change between the different Ethernet protocols just by making a firmware update—it is free-of-charge and you can do it as many times as you like. All Ethernet modules have built-in Ethernet-switch making cabling easy: you can daisychain Ethernet cables from motor-to-motor.
In stand-alone applications you will undoubtedly like our graphical programming environment ePLC™. Writing embedded PLC programs is very easy and can be done even by end-users. You do not have to be an experienced PLC programmer to make ePLC™ programs: the icon-based graphical programming environment does the job for you. Just click on the command icon you want and the program line is created for you. Programming is similar for all integrated motor families: QuickStep®, ServoStep™ and MAC motor®. No matter the number of I/O points in the actual motor, each digital input and output and analog input can be used in the program: you can query single or multiple input conditions and branch accordingly to other parts of your program. Motion commands are available with different kinds of relative or absolute movements. Jumps and IF commands, timers and other functions are also available as well as register calculations. All registers and parameters in the motor can be accessed and most can be changed if required.
Connect a suitable color touch operator panel (HMI) and the operators can key-in values and parameters to the motor as well as monitor operations.
Read more about MAC320 here: MAC320
For further information, please contact:
JVL A/S, Bregnerødvej 127, 3460 Birkerød, Denmark.
Tel. +45 4582 4440. E-mail: email@example.com
About JVL - JVL is a world leader within the development and production of efficient and compact integrated servo motors and integrated stepper motors. MAC motor® are a series of integrated brushless servo motors (up to 4500 W and 13.5 kW peak) and ServoStep™ are a series of integrated stepper motors (up to 25 Nm). Both motor series include motor, encoder, drive electronics, control electronics with ePLC™ and optional Ethernet integrated into one compact unit. All major industrial Ethernet protocols like Profinet, EtherNet/IP, EtherCAT, SERCOS, ModbusTCP/UDP and Powerlink are available.
Options include: absolute multiturn encoders, STO (safe torque off, SIL3) and brakes.
JVL has more than 30 years of motion control experience and are well known for their development and production of highly specialized integrated motors with industrial Ethernet and customized improvements. The close co-operation with customers and representatives results in cost-effective and technical optimized solutions for both basic and advanced motion control applications.
JVL's wide selection of quality products for motion control applications include: Integrated brushless servo motors, integrated stepper motors, AC servo motor controllers, motor drivers (DC, AC and steppers), brakes, gearboxes, hollow rotary actuators and HMI touch panels.