ServoStep Integrated Stepper Motor in size NEMA17, torque up to 0.78Nm
PRESS release: November 2018
Birkerød, Denmark - JVL A/S, one of the world leaders in the field of integrated servo - and stepper motors introduce a new compact and slim stepper motor. The new ServoStep integrated stepper motor series MIS171 to MIS176 have a NEMA17 42x42mm flange and include controller with 6 different industrial Ethernet protocols, absolute multiturn encoder, closed loop and M12 connectors. This new motor family is based on the latest microprocessor and cooling technology and an advancement compared to previous designs.
All the necessary electronics in a stepper system are integrated in the motor itself and are similar to the concept used by other JVL motors, making it very easy to use in all kind of motion control stepper or servomotor applications.
The motor contains everything needed to solve a modern control task, either as a stand-alone with own easy programmable motion controller or controlled from an external PLC or PC. 8 I/O points can be individually configured as digital input, digital output or analogue input. Modbus RTU or CANopen provide easy connections to a PLC or HMI. An ActiveX/OCX driver is available to make simple interface to LabView, Excel, VB or other Windows-programs. Up to 254 axis can be connected on the same RS485 bus.
• Industrial Ethernet. 6 Protocols
• Very high motor power and torque
• Closed-loop operation with current control
• Absolute multiturn encoder
• Safe Torque Off (STO) input
• High resolution 409600 cnt/rev.
• Speed 0-3000 in 0.01RPM steps
• Wide supply range 7-72VDC
• Protection class up to IP65
• M12 or M23 connectors (M12 standard. M23 optional)
Profinet, EtherCAT, Powerlink, EtherNet/IP, Modbus TCP or SERCOS III are available and for EtherCAT and SERCOS III synchronization and drive profiles are available. MACtalk can use Ethernet for commissioning the motor so no need for RS232/RS485 converter or additional cables. The motor has the ability to be upgraded with other protocols or newer versions of the same protocol at any time. Because of the upgradeability, the JVL Industrial Ethernet module is also ‘future proof' as newer versions of the protocols will always fit into the design. The motor is equipped with two Ethernet connectors and a built-in switch, enabling line topology without any extra expensive hardware. Several LEDs, enabling technicians and operators to get a quick status overview.
JVL has used the latest technology to achieve the incredibly high step resolution of 409,600 step/revolution, resulting in unsurpassed smoothness and silent running. At the same time reached an incredible speed-precision 0.01 RPM and acceleration precision 1 RPM/sec that have not been seen before.
The newly developed heat transfer system, power electronics and special motor windings offer very high efficiency and optimized for outstanding high peak power up to 100W and 1Nm.
Closed-loop provides higher torque, faster acceleration, current control, stall free operation and quieter operation compared to more traditional step motor systems. It compensates and corrects step angle error during a movement with a 36Mhz update rate within a full step thereby it works like a perfect stepper motor benefitting from the servo motor technology.
• MIS171 with 0.18 Nm, length 73.5 mm. 5 mm shaft
• MIS173 with 0.40 Nm, length 85.2 mm. 5 or 6.35 mm shaft
• MIS176 with 0.78 Nm, length 106 mm. 8 mm shaft
The motors can be operated as stand-alone units or controlled from a PLC or PC. The 8 I/Os can be individually configured as digital input, digital output or analog input. As standard, it is possible to communicate with holistic systems via for example Modbus RTU or CANopen. The MAC motor standard protocol that is also supported makes it possible to connect up to 254 other JVL integrated motors. The MIS17 series allows connectivity to all industrial Ethernet interfaces such as Profinet, EtherCAT, Powerlink, EtherNet/IP, Modbus TCP and SERCOS III.
• Industrial Ethernets Profinet, EtherCAT, Powerlink, EtherNet/IP, Modbus TCP and SERCOS III
• CANopen DSP402 and DS301
• Pulse/Direction mode for electronic gear
• High speed position capture
• ActiveX/OCX driver as well as JVL MacTalk Protocol
• Strong graphic programming with + - * / calculations and advanced features
• SSI interface for external linear or rotary absolute encoders
• External encoder for dual closed-loop.
• RS485 up to 921 kbit and Modbus RTU
• RS422 and RS485 for encoder I/O and connection to external HMI, PLC or encoder
• Point-to-point or multi-axis operation with up to 254 JVL motors on the same RS485 bus
• Wireless Industrial Ethernet through Bluetooth or WLAN
• Built-in PLC with 8 DIO, 24V or 0-5V (12bit) analog input with advanced filtering
• Speed-precision 0.01 RPM. Accelleration-precision 1 RPM / sec.
• Absolute multi-turn encoder
• Built-in encoder for closed loop and stall detection and control
• Wide supply range of 7-72 VDC provides high torque at high speeds
• Dual supply maintain position values etc. in emergency situations
• Motor current 0-4 Amp RMS and 5.6 Amp peak
• Closed-Loop operation
• Double shaft and brake option
• All connections with M12 connectors in IP65
• Top or rear-end mounted M12 or M23 hybrid connector (M12 standard. M23 optional)
Wireless Ethernet and controller version:
The integrated stepper motors are optionally available with wireless bluetooth or WLAN for Profinet, Ethernet/IP, Modbus TCP, MODBUS RTU and MACTALK protocols. The same type of stepper motor controller is also available as a separate unit in a box or PCB with type number SMC66. Planetary gears and brakes that fit the motor directly can also be delivered.
For further details about the motor click here
For further information, please contact:
JVL Industri Elektronik A/S, Bregnerødvej 127, 3460 Birkerød, Denmark.
About JVL - JVL is recognized as a world leader for its development of efficient and compact integrated motors for VAC and VDC. MACmotor series of integrated VAC servo motors (up to 4500W and 13,5kW peak), and the QuickStep integrated stepper motors (up to 25Nm). Both the servo motor and stepper motor series includes the controller, PLC, encoder, power supply and bus system integrated into one compact unit. All industrial Ethernet protocols like Profinet, EtherCAT, Ethernet/IP, Modbus TCP, Powerlink, Sercos III etc. are available. Furthermore, traditional modules like CANopen, DeviceNet, Profibus, Nano PLC, RS232/RS485/USB, Process Control can be incorporated.
JVL has more than 25 years of motion control experience and enjoys a reputation for the development of highly specialized integrated motors with industrial Ethernet and customized improvements. They work together with their customers and representatives to find an economic, yet technically advanced solution to complicated control applications.
JVL's wide selection of quality products for motion control components include: Integrated VAC and VDC Servo motors, Integrated Stepper motors, VAC Servo motor controllers, Motor drivers (Stepper, VAC and VDC), Brakes, Gears, and HMI Modules.
See pictures in high resolution