Integrated stepper motors with Profinet
PRESS release: Aug. 2015.
Birkeroed, Denmark -- JVL has for several years been a leader in integrated servo and stepper motors. Now you can get all the benefits from the integrated stepper motors with Profinet - Industrial Ethernet.
JVL has launched a new series of integrated stepper motors with Profinet and programmable motion controller. All the necessary electronics in a stepper system is integrated in the motor. JVL has used the latest technology to achieve the incredibly high step resolution of 409,600 step / revolution, resulting in unsurpassed smoothness and silent running. The length is only 95 mm (3.74 "), and therefore it is the shortest in the world motor with built-in controller and Profinet.
The motors are available in 4 sizes
- MIS340 with 3,0 Nm, length 95 mm
- MIS341 with 6,0 Nm, length 126 mm
- MIS342 with 9,0 Nm, length 156 mm
- MIS343 with 12,0 Nm, length 186 mm
The motor contains everything needed to solve a modern control task, either alone as a stand-alone unit or controlled from a PLC or PC. The 8 I / O points can be individually configured as digital input, digital output or analog input.
Profinet provides easy connectivity to PLC.
MAC motor standard protocol makes it possible to connect up to 254 different MAC motors and QuickStep motors SMC75 and SMC85 controllers to be connected on the same RS485 bus.
The new Ethernet protocols for integrated stepper motors now allows connectivity to all the new Ethernet bus systems that have come on the market such as EtherCAT, EtherNet /IP, Profinet, Powerlink, Modbus TCP and Sercos III.
Technical details and benefits
- Shortest length in the world: only 95 mm for 3 Nm
- Extreme resolution of 409,600 steps / rev (ie 4,096 micro-steps per full step)
- Speed-precision 0.01 RPM. Accelleration-precision 1 RPM / sec.
- Built-in PLC with 8 I / O: each point DI or DO 24V or 0-5V (12bit) analog input
with advanced filtering
- RS485 up to 921 kbit and Modbus RTU
- Option: RS422 and RS485 for encoder I / O and connection to external HMI or PLC
- Point-to-point or multi-axis operation with up to 254 axes on the same RS485 bus
- CAN Option: CANopen DSP402 and DS301
- Ethernet option: EtherCAT, EtherNet / IP, Profinet, Powerlink, Modbus TCP or Sercos III
- Option: Pulse / Direction mode for electronic gear
- Prepared for High speed position capture
- Wide supply range of 12-80 VDC provides high torque at high speeds
- Motor current 0-9 Amp RMS and 12.6 Amp peak
- Dual supply maintain position values etc. in emergency situations
- ActiveX / OCX driver as well as MacTalk Protocol
- Strong graphic programming with + - * / calculations and advanced features
- All connections with M12 connectors in IP67
- Option to double shaft and absolute multi-turn (or single turn) encoder
The integrated stepper motor is also available with wireless Bluetooth, ZigBee, WLAN, PLC, RS485 and CANbus. The motors are now also available with absolute multi-turn encoder. The same type of stepper motor controller is also available as a separate unit with type no. SMC85.
Flange size is 86x86 mm corresponding to NEMA34 standard and shaft diameter is either 9.53 mm or 14 mm with key depending on the type. Planetary gear that fits directly on the motors can be supplied from stock.
About JVL- JVL is recognized as a world leader for its development of efficient and compact integrated motors for VAC and VDC. MAC motor series of integrated VAC servo motors (up to 4500W and 13,5kW peak), and the QuickStep integrated stepper motors (up to 25Nm). Both the servo motor and stepper motor series includes the controller, PLC, encoder, power supply and bussystem integrated into one compact unit. All industrial Ethernet protocols like Profinet, EtherCAT, Ethernet / IP, Modbus TCP, Powerlink, Sercos III etc. are available. Furthermore, traditional modules likeCANopen, DeviceNet, Profibus, Nano PLC, RS232/RS485/USB, Process Control can be incorporated.
JVL has more than 25 years of motion control experience and enjoys a reputation for the development of highly specialized integrated motors with industrial Ethernet and customized improvements. They work together with their customers and representatives to find an economic, yet technically advanced solution to complicated control applications.
JVL's wide selection of quality products for motion control components include: Integrated VAC and VDC Servo motors, Integrated Stepper motors, VAC Servo motor controllers, Motor drivers (Stepper, VAC and VDC), Brakes, Gears, and HMI Modules.
For further information, please contact:
JVL Industri Elektronik A/S, Bregnerødvej 127, DK-3460 Birkerød, Denmark, Tel. +45 4582 4440,
E-mail: email@example.com, Web: www.jvl.dk